About the Position:
Lucky Peak Lake is a multi-purpose project providing flood control, irrigation, recreation, fish and wildlife, and hydropower (private) benefits. The staff consists of fourteen full time and seasonal employees who oversee in the operation and maintenance of the dam, as well as, natural resources management. This position will assist in the operations and maintenance of recreational areas and project facilities for the enjoyment of nearly one million visitors using the lake annually.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Conducts public education and interpretive services for the general public and for special groups.
- Enforces Title 36 CFR by educating the visiting public on the purposes of the dam and lake, conservation measures, environmental features, and Corps policies and regulations.
- Patrols public lands and waters to prevent unauthorized use, trespass, destruction of natural, cultural, or historic resources or government property; to insure compliance with rules and regulations; and for the protection of public lands and waters.
- Investigates violations, issues citations, and testifies in court.
- Assists in developing and implementing specific land use plans while integrating public use with fish, wildlife, vegetation, soil, air, park and water resources management.
- Participates in the development of various planning documents including Master Plans and Operational Management Plans (OMP), for management of natural and park resources.
- Serves as the Project safety and environmental compliance point of contact.
- Occasional Travel
- TDY (Temporary Duty travel) may be required: 5%
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized IAW the Joint Travel Regulations.
Closes Tuesday 3/28/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$40,684 to $64,697/year. Series & Grade GS-0401-07/09.