3M is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor for the Advanced Materials Division facilities located in Lexington, KY. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of EHS Supervisor will lead the coordination and completion of site EHS compliance objectives. The position lead all aspects of EHS, including Environmental permitting and tracking, Hazardous Waste Management, International Organization for Standardizations (ISO) 14001, Safety & Injury Prevention, Process Hazard Management, Incident Investigation, Emergency Preparedness, etc. This position will be responsible for developing and completing the annual EHS&S plan with a focus on driving continuous improvement on our Global Safety and Health Plans and Global Environmental Management Systems. This position requires a self-starter with strong team skills and superior interpersonal abilities. The responsibilities of this position will be approximately 30% Environmental and 70% Safety and Health.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership on all aspects of the site’s Environmental & Safety Compliance efforts to include but not limited to: emission permitting, ISO 14001, Global Environmental Management Self-Assessment (GEMSA), Global Safety and Health Plan (GSHP), Hazardous & Universal Waste, and Sustainability Environmental Goals.
- Represent the site during audits by 3M staff groups and external audits.
- Provide guidance in the coordination and development of the site Process Hazard Management Program.
- Develop appropriate documentation on plant systems to comply with 3M requirements on GSHP, GEMSA and CAMMS Programs.
- Ensure required environmental regulatory reports and associated recordkeeping are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in the development and delivery of required EHS&S training to plant personnel.
- Audit site processes to assure compliance with Regulatory and 3M requirements.
- Provide EHS support in the design and installation of new or modified equipment, New Product Introduction System, Incoming Material Approval System, and Management of Change.
- Assist with the coordination and training of the Site Emergency Response Team.
- Assist in meeting departmental and plant Lean Six Sigma targets and leading EHS Projects.
- Participate and/or lead investigations of EHS&S incidents
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in Environmental and/or Health and Safety
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work closely with Plant Management and Production employees
- Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and organization skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
Travel: Up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com