The James River Soil and Water Conservation District is seeking applications for the position of District Administrator/ Education Director.
The District Administrator and Education Director is a full-time position and will be directly responsible to the James River Soil and Water Conservation District (hereafter “JRSWCD” or “District”) Board of Directors. This person shall provide leadership for updating the District’s Strategic Plan, Annual Plan of Work and other duties assigned by the Board of Directors. This person should maintain a strong public relations effort in the Prince George Field Office and the Chesterfield Extension Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License recognized in the Commonwealth of Virginia and be able to travel, including overnight travel, when necessary for trainings, meetings, events and otherwise as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Able to provide general and specialized information and assistance regarding assigned function and/or district programs and services that may require the use of judgment, tact, and sensitivity and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Able to draft, format, edit, revise and process a variety of complex documents and forms including reports, correspondence, memoranda, agenda items, agreements, and technical and statistical charts and tables.
- Able to assist in the collection, compilation and analysis of information used for decision-making, reports and special projects.
- Able to provide technical and administrative support in planning, developing and implementing district programs, policies and procedures.
- Able to assist in assembling and preparing the annual budget for assigned area; monitor expenditures against budget; prepare purchase requisitions and requests for payment.
- Able to provide and lead direction to assigned clerical and office support staff, provide work assignments, instruction and training.
- Able to coordinate and arrange meetings and special events as assigned; schedule events, make arrangements, and set up meeting rooms.
- Able to conduct studies and investigations and handle, maintain, and protect sensitive information.
- Able to assist in implementing and/or executing administrative operations and/or programs of the district or with district partner agencies.
- Able to provide direct and confidential administrative, clerical or secretarial support to District Directors, other staff, and customers as required.
- Ability to use and knowledge of Microsoft office products, Quick Books, and other software necessary to perform duties and responsibilities
The deadline for the submission of applications is April 10th at 5:00 p.m. The James River SWCD is an equal opportunity employer.
See complete job description here.