The Department of Environmental Quality, Piedmont Regional Office (PRO), seeks a qualified individual to serve as the initial contact for environmental pollution reports and incidents. This position investigates directly or coordinates the investigation of multi-media (air, water, and waste) incidents; offers technical advice for remediation and corrective actions; monitors progress of remediation and correction actions; performs sampling and field analysis at pollution incident sites; prepares correspondence as needed; and communicates with responsible parties, localities, citizens, and other entities.
Qualifications and key competencies include:
- Knowledge and experience in pollution incident response and complaint investigations for multi-media incidents and manage/coordinate incidents with other state agencies, federal agencies, local governments, responsible parties and interested third parties.
- Participate in incident command for significant incidents and coordinate with other state agencies, federal agencies, local governments, responsible parties
- Provide scientific and technical support relative to remediation and corrective action of incidents. Perform sampling as warranted.
- Prepare correspondence, memorandums, and reports, as needed, for incident investigations.
- Maintain the pollution response database, conduct data entry, performs data analysis, reporting, and submit monthly updates.
- Ability to support Freedom of Information Act requests and Electronic Content Management, and maintain Agency and regional program information and reference materials.
- Ability to understand and interpret state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, conflict resolution, time management, program management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Personal computer skills and familiarity with software (MS Office), database operations, and file management.
- Availability for on call, after hours, and/or holiday incident response and investigations is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Job Close Date 03/31/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com