Provides a variety of administrative and staff support functions for the GIS Production group. Compile and analyze data, prepare reports/recommendations for action by supervisor. Administers or coordinates programs, projects, and/or processes.
- Coordinate GIS Production workflow:
- Track rejected jobs and coordinate with field operations and GIS Production personnel on data issues
- Use RCMS to check on work orders, service requests, and/or existence of field facilities Check and receive department mail for incoming jobs.
- Review and verify all jobs to ensure job packets are properly completed and all materials have been provided, reject if needed
- Follow up with district office on rejected and past due jobs
- Coordinate and monitor the GIS production work corrections inbox
- Assign work number to each work correction or facility point inspection received Sort and log mapping jobs into database
- Prepare, maintain and attach right-of-way tags to jobs received
- Prepare streetlight map correction forms
- Responsible for records management of department files:
- Sort and file mapping jobs into department central filing system
- Retrieve jobs from files for quality control checks, then re-file
- Prepare database of jobs to be archived
- Coordinate with records management to ensure all records management policies/procedures are followed
- Request job retrieval from long-term storage as needed
- Retrieve jobs from files as requested by management, then re-file
- Respond to inquiries by field operations and other internal customers
- Assist and perform mapping updates in
- Assist supervisor with legal discovery requests, investigations and audits
- Perform weekly status reporting
- Perform some basic associate level GIS specialist mapping maintenance tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in an assistant or a similar role.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve internal and external customer issues.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and file management.
- Ability to apply judgment in determining the criticality of a request and forward to resources as appropriate.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience working in a changing, fast-paced, professional environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of company, environmental and safety programs, regulations, and organizational policies, procedures, and practices.
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com