Manages the vegetation operations of a geographic territory, region, location, or functional unit that have a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements strategic business objectives, strategies, and plans. . Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and management of employee salaries. Implements and supports company programs and policies. Typically supervises Manager-level employees.
- Establish objectives, develop and execute policy, direct and monitor resources, and recommend and oversee development or implementation of systems, programs, or processes.
- Determine critical tasks, establish sequence of events, identify teams, timelines and outcomes, and produce project plans.
- Determine specifications, schedules, timelines, and define deliverables.
- Develop strategy for area vegetation management for both distribution and transmission rights of way.
- Provide strategic direction to area foresters and work crews.
- Manage compliance with regulatory requirements from an array of various government agencies.
- Conduct effective public relations programs.
- Manage an annual budget of approximately $48M.
- Manage multiple work crews, schedules, equipment, and timelines.
- Manage human and capital resources.
- Audit and coach crews to ensure safety, productivity and quality.
- Select, coach, and develop employees.
Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, arboriculture, forestry, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of ten years experience with project management, strategic development, financial oversight, and personnel development.
- A minimum of five years of direct people management experience with the proven ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution line clearance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations applying to utility vegetation management.
- Knowledge of current vegetation management techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable herbicide/pesticide regulations.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to negotiate with and influence peers and senior officers on policy and operational issues.
- Knowledge of the utility industry, applicable company policies, procedures, practices, and understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills to define critical tasks and establish optimum sequence of events, and identify required resources.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and plans.
- Demonstrated proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel may be required.
- Advanced degree
- Advanced certifications from the International Society of Arboriculture
- Demonstrated proficiency using SAP
Work Schedule: M-F 0730-1630. Some travel and flexibility will be required.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential. It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$105,100 - $136,400. Target Incentive: 20%