About the Position:
*Recruitment/Relocation Incentive MAY be authorized.
This position is located at Lower Granite Project, operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers and situated on the Snake River, 32-river miles downstream from Clarkston, Washington. This Project provides hydroelectric generation, navigation, fish passage and recreation. The powerhouse, navigation lock and juvenile fish facility are operated and maintained by 80-85 employees. Lower Granite Project lies in close proximity to the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley; college towns of Pullman, Washington and Moscow, Idaho; and Colfax, Washington. Recreational opportunities including fishing, hunting, boating and camping are abundantly available to enthusiasts.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Interprets and applies current environmental protection laws, regulations, and policies to operation and maintenance activities.
- Performs studies to evaluate compliance with environmental protection requirements.
- Develops and adapts innovative programs and procedures to ensure efficient and effective compliance with the environmental requirements.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge concerning current safety and occupational health laws, regulations, policies.
- Coordinates with representatives of other government agencies and private firms in developing and maintaining plans and procedures to comply with environmental and safety and occupational health requirements.
- Monitors and maintains records of compliance activities and personnel training.
- Serves as training coordinator and instructor for a wide variety of complex training topics.
- Performs studies, testing, inspections, planning, budget formulation, record keeping for compliance with safety, occupational health, and environmental protection laws and regulations.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% TDY may be required.
- *Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized IAW the Joint Travel Regulations.
Closes Wednesday 3/29/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$60,210 to $78,270/year. Series & Grade GS-0401-11.