The Environmental Summer Student performs sampling, monitoring, auditing, and reporting duties to support the Environmental department and supports the Environmental Team to achieve their goals and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This position is a temporary Four-month term position scheduled to end August 31, 2017.
This position operates within a COR, ISO 17025 certified, and OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 conforming plant environment and is expected to comply with all regulatory requirements. The facility operates on a 24/7 basis.
- Understanding of sampling procedures and practices.
- Some mechanical aptitude is needed in order to troubleshoot problems with samplers.
- w Intermediate level computer skills to operate MS Office Suite (especially PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Word).
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing.
- Working knowledge of plant processes including Bailey, ICIS and Active Factory.
- Working knowledge of laboratory preparation of any environmental samples.
- Effective customer service attitude and commitment to providing exceptional customer service and quality results.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict management skills to facilitate working effectively with wide range and number of people, including peers and manager, employees, and other departments, divisions, and management within all levels of the organization.
- Effective negotiation, persuasion, and listening skills to facilitate successful resolution of employee and management concerns and requests.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to facilitate and promote open discussions and understanding
- Effective time management, decision-making, and planning and organizing skills.
- Attentiveness to details and ability to manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven organizational and creative-problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to comply with all regulatory requirements and Company Privacy and Confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete all conditions of employment including criminal record check, negative alcohol and drug test, current and clean Class 5 driver’s license, pre-employment medical, and confirmation of enrolment in education program for September.
- Previous experience within an industrial plant environment is a definite asset.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com