Person will be working in the Corporate Engineering group in their Environmental Engineering area. Assisting with project work related to Environmental Systems Management ISO 14001, as well as sustainability and environmental regulatory compliance. This person would be working under the direction of the Principal Environmental Engineer providing environmental oversight to manufacturing facilities as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
Work Environment: Office environment. Working at a computer.
- experience and knowledge of ISO 14001 (ideally) or ISO 9001.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelors Degree is preferred in either environmental field or Industrial Engineering/Technology
- experience with continuous improvement projects (such as kaizen) is a plus
- experience with environmental standards in a food & beverage manufacturing (preferred), pharmaceutical manufacturing, commercial, hospital, university or facilities
Performance Expectations: A GREAT candidate would have experience with ISO 14001 in a food & beverage manufacturing company, continuous improvement/kaizen experience, sustainability projects, environmental regulatory compliance experience for manufacturing sites, bachelors degree in environmental engineering or Industrial Engineering.
The environmental engineering department provides oversight and support for manufacturing facilities (around 20 facilities) throughout the US and Canada. They have several initiatives and projects going on this year. They are transitioning from a 2005 version of ISO 14001 to a 2015 version of ISO 14001. They also have a continuous improvement (kaizen) initiative for the life cycle approach (material acquisition through to product delivery). As well as general environmental regulatory compliance responsibilities.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com