Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Biologist, Environmental and Wildlife Permitting, will support Invenergy’s Environmental and Wildlife Permitting program in the development of utility-scale wind and solar throughout the United States and abroad. The Biologist’s lead responsibility will be to provide biological technical support for a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting wind and solar developments throughout the United States.
- Assist Environmental and Wildlife Permitting team with biological data interpretation, report review, and consultant interface.
- Provide support on consultant and state and federal agency communications, and track communications using internal processes.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of requests for proposals and review of environmental survey proposals and protocols.
- Participate in internal and external meetings to support substantive environmental decisions in project development and siting of project infrastructure.
- Work cooperatively with Invenergy staff and external parties, providing information necessary to make decisions and solve problems.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in biology required; PhD preferred. A minor or substantive course work in statistics preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast paced, wind energy and/or entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Proficient in all MS Office software especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Professional, able to maintain confidential information and team oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire and aptitude to learn and understand the wildlife and energy industry.
- The ability to work out of our Chicago, IL or Denver, CO office is preferred; however remote applicants will be considered.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com