The Safety, Compliance and Sustainability Team has an immediate opening for an experienced Environmental Compliance Engineer who will be responsible for working with a talented team that provides comprehensive guidance worldwide on Environmental and Sustainability issues related to Microsoft’s Surface, Xbox, wearable devices, and other product lines.
Are you ready to join a dedicated compliance engineering organization in one of the world’s best software, consumer electronics and entertainment companies?
Help define and drive internal compliance and sustainability best practices through the entire product life cycle including design, use of raw materials, manufacturing and product/packaging disposal/recycling. This position will report to the Director of Compliance and Sustainability and is based in Redmond, WA.
If you are interested, or if you know of any qualified candidates who are interested, please have them submit a resume.
The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and drive the environmental compliance management system and coordinate and promote Microsoft’s Environmental Principles within the hardware and packaging community. This position is critical to Microsoft in establishing a national and international reputation for its global hardware compliance and implementing our sustainability strategy.
• Implementation and communication of programs, operating controls and procedures with the intent to manage and reduce Microsoft’s significant environmental compliance risks
• Successful integration within a team of experienced and highly motivated environmental compliance experts
• Coordination of a wide range of Microsoft knowledge and talent to address complex and novel environmental issues
• Continual improvement of environmental performance through proactive environmental management and self-assessments and/or third-party assessments
• 5+ years of relevant job experience in consumer electronics, hardware, devices
• 1+ year experience interpreting and implementing RoHS, REACH, WEEE, and Proposition 65 compliance and monitoring and other regulatory programs
• Experience in compliance integration into product design and manufacturing environments
• Experience in the successful implementation of environmental management systems to the ISO14001 and other applicable standards
• Ability to deliver environmental compliance and awareness training.
• Ability to deliver wider sustainability and corporate responsibility counseling
• Track record of being an enthusiastic and effective team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong technical and project management skills
• Must be flexible, innovative and collaborative
• Ability to influence vertically and horizontally
• Substantial experience in effectively designing and implementing end-to-end projects requiring cross-group collaboration and implied authority
• Knowledge and use of C2P and database management IT systems for product compliance management is a plus
• A Master’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or other related subject together with a good understanding of the IT and consumer electronics industries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com