The National Wildlife Federation's National Advocacy Center in Washington, DC is seeking an Agriculture Program Coordinator to join our team. This is an entry level position that will provide administrative and programmatic support for the Forests and Farms team, with a particular focus on wildlife-friendly agriculture, biofuel policy, and Farm Bill. This is a two year position that may be extended.
In this role you will:
- Take the lead in keeping our web page updated and maintaining a blog on our work, working with the social media action team, and help with other communications needs
- Assist in research on agriculture and biofuel issues and provide programmatic support for Agriculture team, including through developing fact sheets and educational materials, and taking the lead on various projects
- Ensuring that grant deliverables are on track and coordinating and editing grant reports
- Additional logistical and administrative support for Agriculture team, including organizing meetings, events, managing expense reports, and coordinating travel, among other tasks.
- A four year degree in environmental studies or natural resources, policy, communications, or agriculture.
- At least two to three years professional experience in policy, communications or natural resources and a basic understanding of and interest in wildlife conservation and sustainable agriculture.
- Experience with social media and layout and design a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, research skills, ability to translate complex information into publicly accessible form. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be a self-starter.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines; ability to meet unanticipated needs.
- The selected applicant's workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
There may be occasional travel on this role (3-4 times a year).
The National Wildlife Federation is America's largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages all qualified professionals to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com