THIS POSITION MAY BE EXTENDED OR BECOME PERMANENT
Under the supervision of the Conservation Supervisor, the Conservationist I is responsible for managing and monitoring Prop 39 crews:
Supervise, Train and Evaluate Corpsmembers.
- Supervise a crew of young men and women (corpsmembers) working on public service conservation projects in urban and rural areas. Some projects may be in remote areas of California. Primary areas of work will be energy surveys and retrofits.
- Teach corpsmembers the importance of work productivity, team work, safe work habits and discipline on work projects. Responsible to follow CCC-established discipline policies and hold corpsmembers accountable for their behavior. Recommend disciplinary action when necessary. Evaluate corpsmembers’ performance.
- Instruct corpsmembers in the protection and conservation of California’s natural resources.
Care, Maintenance and Security of State Equipment and Property.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment to ensure safe operation; recommend repairs and maintenance.
- Drive and operate state vehicles and equipment, perform minor repairs and maintenance.
- Identify, select and train corpsmember drivers. Assist in their attainment of a Class B license and CCC-sponsored driver training course(s).
Recordkeeping and Personnel Administration.
- Develops supervisor’s reports of injuries, disciplinary reports and weekly project and safety reports.
- Maintain time and leave records, approves leaves, accrual of CTO.
- Document conservation awareness activities.
Job Type: 9 Month Limited Term - Full Time
Final Filing Date: 3/20/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com