The selectee for this position serves as a Environmental Engineer in the Environment Division; OCCU Safety HLTH & ENVRMNT OFC of Pearl Harbor NSY & IMF, HI. The selectee will be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental laws and regulations; serve as an Environmental protection program manager ensuring public safety and welfare and protection of natural resources.
Your duties as an Environmental Engineer consists of but are not limited to:
- Interpreting management/implementation of regulatory requirements.
- Conducting reviews or inspections to ensure compliance with environmental laws (e.g. Clean Water, Clean Air, Oil and Hazardous Substance/Spill Response, Industrial Wastewater, Hazardous Materials and Waste, Underground Storage Tanks, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures, etc.)
- Proactive and self-motivating to resolve problems independently.
- Participating in discussions, presentations or meetings to exchange/disseminate information or resolve problems.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Closes Wednesday 3/22/2017
See GS-11/12 job posting: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465477600/
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
See 2 job postings: One for GS-0819-07/09 (this annuncement) and another for GS-0819-11/12 (Announcement NW70819-12-1925086LQ577276D)..