Our Denver, Colorado office offers a unique work environment and specializes in environmental consulting and contruction compliance.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, this position will assist with and oversee environmental field data collection, preparation and review of regulatory permits and reports, and Geographic Information System (GIS) applications. A working knowledge of the major environmental regulatory processes, including but not limited to, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and Inspections (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control Countermeasures (SPCC), and BLM Onshore Orders is required.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide federal and state regulatory compliance support and guidance
- Prepare and coordinate variance requests for client, contractor, and BLM approval
- Prepare and review regulatory permits such as SWPP Plans, SPCC Plans, and Spill Response Plans, construction permits, etc.
- Assist with a variety of environmental field work including construction and reclamation monitoring, SWPPP Inspections, SPCC as-builts
- Close interaction with clients and professionals in construction and field operations
- Ensure tasks are completed in the most effective manner with a high-degree of quality and reliability
- Use topographic maps, GPS units, aerial photographs, and other maps and tools in the field
- Work closely with SWCA staff to promote SWCA’s safety program and business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values
Experience and qualifications for success:
- BA or BS in environmental planning, environmental science, natural resource management, geology, occupational health and safety or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in related work
- Experience with wind enegy regulations and Wyoming BLM compliance regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local permitting laws and processes required
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and Acrobat
- Familiarity with mapping software such as ArcGIS and Collector for ArcGIS is preferred
- Able to work in remote areas, use ATVs or other four-wheel drive type vehicles
- Must be able to travel and conduct field work in sometimes inclement conditions and be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com