Stantec's Northern Canada Environmental Services Practice is looking for an intermediate to senior-level Environmental Engineer to direct, manage and implement our growing site investigation and remediation practice. This opportunity is located in our Yellowknife, NT office.
Application deadline for this position is Friday, March 17th, 2017.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct, develop, and manage complex site investigation, remediation design, and construction projects with multi-person project teams
- Oversee multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables
- Manage clients in various sectors including territorial, provincial and local government, commercial real estate, oil and gas, insurance and mining
- Develop proposals, work plans, budgets, and project schedules
- Conduct field investigations and related activities involving site inspections, environmental monitoring, and data collection (soil, ground water and soil gas sampling)
- Provide guidance and review on project deliverables including management of staff, budgeting, scheduling and health and safety
- Provide staff mentorship and training
- Work with leadership to continually assess the direction of the practice
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
Skills / experience required:
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in an environmental or related engineering field, holding a professional designation (P.Eng.) with eligibility for registration with NAPEG
- Minimum of 10 years direct experience with technical site investigation and remediation projects.
- Experience of responding to request for proposals, expression of interest, statement of qualifications.
- Experience in planning or undertaking programs in remote locations
- Training and experience in the conduct and management of emergency spill response considered an asset
- Strong critical thinking, data analysis, technical report writing and strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of territorial and federal environmental regulations and guidelines is required
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget tracking, cost estimating, schedule preparation, and invoice management
- A valid driver’s license is required
This position will be located in Yellowknife, and will be part of the northern Environmental Services team. The Yellowknife office is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with strong connections to northern businesses and communities in Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The team is strongly linked with Environmental Services teams from other Stantec offices, and project and business development collaboration is very active.
Living in the North is one of the richest cultural experiences you’ll ever encounter. Northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas.
Build your career AND enjoy your life.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com