Position Summary: This position will assist with the annual undergraduate summer session field ecology courses from June 12, 2017 to August 18, 2017. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the summer session staff with a variety of activities related to logistics, organization, and coordination of the summer courses at FLBS.
- Assist the summer session faculty with preparing a variety of course materials for the instructors and students (e.g., photocopying, gathering classroom and field supplies/equipment, organizing the supplies/equipment for each course, etc.).
- Help to facilitate the student experience in each course.
- Assist the summer session faculty on field trips as needed, including packing and being responsible for field sampling gear and food before, during, and after the fieldtrips.
- Minimum requirements include the completion of at least 4 total semesters in biology, chemistry, environmental science, or equivalent including laboratory instruction.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated proficiency in laboratory portions of their major program.
- Must be able to hike up to 10+ miles a day in strenuous conditions at altitude with field sampling gear and food. Must be properly equipped for a great deal of hiking and must be able to carry up to 30 lbs. of gear
- Must have a valid driver's license
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com