The Maine Department of Environmental Protection is seeking candidates for an Environmental Engineering Services Manager for the Bureau of Remediation & Waste Management, Division of Technical Services, in Augusta.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION: This is professional services and engineering work of a managerial nature in directing and overseeing a departmental environmental engineering services unit within the Division of Technical Services. This unit services all programs within the Bureau of Remediation & Waste Management, as well as other Bureaus as needed. Responsibilities include planning environmental engineering programs; assisting in resource procurement and allocation; supervising staff; overseeing environmental pollution abatement, remediation, and prevention activities; developing and monitoring engineering service projects and policies; solving problems and disputes with municipal and industrial officials; and ensuring that all work conforms to good engineering practices while being cost-effective. This position is also a working supervisor, assigned to design and review designs of very large, complicated, and high profile projects.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
• Knowledge/experience of civil, mechanical, or chemical engineering principles and practices.
• Knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the area of specialization.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to manage projects and personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to foster teamwork.
• Ability to identify/analyze problems, reach logical conclusions and make sound, cost-effective decisions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licensure as a Professional Engineer and four (4) years of professional experience in environmental engineering or related field after licensure to include at least three (3) years of related supervisory experience.
LICENSING/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Licensure as a Professional Engineer by the Maine State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers is required before the employee attains permanent status in this job class.
Close: March 22, 2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com