The Environmental Engineer - Multimedia will serve as the main tag at the Toledo Refinery for solid waste. As part of the Refinery HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental) team, you will work with the other environmental professionals to ensure that the refinery is operating in compliance with the applicable waste rules and regulations. Additionally, The Environmental Specialist - Multimedia will support the environmental needs of an assigned area of the refinery.
- Manage day-to-day refinery issues related to hazardous, non-hazardous, and recycled materials (including catalyst) for proper disposal
- Ensure the timely completion of applications, reports, and other documentation required to regulatory agencies
- Share accountabilities for the oversight of contract waste service providers and environmental support services
- Conduct required inspections of waste storage areas, containers, and recommends any corrective action as a result of any findings
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and interpretive capabilities for waste and regulations impacting the refinery
- Provide technical and regulatory guidance to refinery management and staff regarding waste regulatory issues and coordinates the logistics and offsite disposal of all waste and recycle materials, including chemicals and catalysts
- Responsible for day-to-day refinery issues as addressed by the resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Manages all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements associated with waste disposal and transport activities
- Ensure all waste profiling, packaging for removal, land disposal restriction, and documentation meets all Generator’s regulatory requirements
- Provide assistance in the field to comply with site requirements
- Provides assistance with the review of MOCs to determine if any changes require environmental permitting and compliance obligations
- Aid in permit applications and approvals
Bachelors of Science degree
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience as in environmental engineering in refining, petrochemical, and/or manufacturing industry
- Understanding of all solid waste environmental regulations including ISO14001, RCRA, DOT requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Analyzing Problems/ Troubleshooting & Problem Solving: Is able to systematically determine the root cause(s) of problems through questioning and inspecting, and then identify the best course of action to take
- Ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences to optimize or detect abnormal conditions within the process
- The ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted
- Assist in Hazard Assessments, Management of Change processes, Incident Investigations, and Job Safety AnalysisIdentify and assess safety hazards
Closing Date: 13-Mar-2017
Yes - Domestic (In country) only
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 92,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The BP-Husky Refining facility (formerly known as BP Toledo Refinery) located in Northwest Ohio, has operated continuously since 1919. Since that time, the facility has undergone numerous improvements to achieve its current capacity for processing 160,000 barrels of crude oil daily. Recently, BP and Husky Energy finalized the formation of two historic 50/50 joint ventures. One joint venture will develop Husky's Sunrise oil sands field located in Alberta, Canada, and the other joint venture will reposition and operate the Toledo Refinery located in Ohio. As a result, the Toledo Refinery will have access to a reliable source of crude from North America and ensure the refinery's future for years to come. BP also has large, modern refineries in Cherry Point, WA; and Whiting IN.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com