Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
Earthjustice is seeking an HR Assistant to support our growing organization. This position is responsible for assisting the internal HR team in the core areas of recruitment/onboarding, performance management, training and development, reporting/metrics, and systems/technology maintenance. He/she must be responsive and supportive of staff at all levels to help them be more productive and successful in their jobs and be a positive and solutions-oriented role model.
- Post open positions on various sourcing outlets including diversity focused sources.
- Assist in fielding questions from hiring managers regarding recruitment and onboarding.
- Assist with onboarding and coordination of HR forms for summer law clerks.
- Manage all recruitment related e-mails from job applicants on a daily basis.
- Compile & update new hire packets.
- Provide support to updating job descriptions as needed.
- Assist with mailing offers and promotion letters.
Performance Management (35%)
- Support HR Director, Talent Management in the administration of the performance management program.
- Monitor and record performance review status.
HR Systems/Technology/Reporting (15%)
- Maintain and update Halogen performance management system and serve as point person for day to day administration.
- Work with team to select and implement new learning management system.
- Serve as main point of contact to update HR intranet site and ensure information accurate and current.
- Support HR team with compliance reporting in the various HR related systems (e.g. performance management, ADP, applicant tracking, learning management, Background Profiles, etc…)
- Prepare monthly/annual tracking and key metrics. Generate ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Generate employee satisfaction survey reports and summarize key survey themes on an annual basis.
Personnel Files (10%)
- Document maintenance – collect, track, download, review and audit HR related documents.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate personnel files including I-9s, employment documentation, performance reviews and Personnel Change forms.
HR General/Other (10%)
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with scheduling bi-annual New Staff Orientations and setting agenda.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as needed.
- Other duties to include but not limited to: updating workplace posters, filing, copying, faxing, data entry, ordering supplies and mailing.
- 1 to 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in non-profit Human Resource department is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information.
- Experience working with an HR system such as performance management, learning management, or HRIS.
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivation and organizational skills a must.
- Advanced skills in word processing, Power Point, spreadsheet and data base programs.
- Reporting and analytical skills and experience, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess flexibility to work as a team and also independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multi-task as needed.
- Sense of humor desired.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter explaining their interest in Earthjustice and the HR field.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.