Tetra Tech, Inc., is currently seeking a dedicated professional to support our growing energy practice as a Project Manager/Environmental Planner from either our Denver or Golden, CO, Minneapolis, MN, Austin, TX or Bismarck, ND office location. This practice includes fossil fuel, wind, solar and electric power generation, transmission lines and substations, natural gas transmission pipelines (FERC and non-FERC regulated), compressor stations, and other related facilities. This opportunity is for a proven effective Project Manager with energy facility siting and permitting experience. Project sites may be anywhere in the U.S., but an emphasis will be with projects in the western, mid-west and southwestern United States. This Project Manager/Environmental Planner position requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of energy project siting, routing and permitting experience. This candidate must have extensive experience successfully permitting energy projects with state and local regulators. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in renewable energy (solar, wind, battery storage), electric transmission, and gas facility projects; with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA); and with Public Service Commissions (PSC) or Public Utility Commissions (PUC). The successful candidate will contribute to proposal and business development opportunities. This candidate must be able to demonstrate good working relationships with Independent Power Producer (IPP) developers, utility companies, or other energy developers.
Qualifications ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess a B.S. or M.S. in a related field (i.e., planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline)
- Have 5-10 years of professional experience. This experience should include wind and/or solar power generation, electric transmission and natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, with prior project management of energy infrastructure permitting projects
- Must possess solid, practical skills in Microsoft Office applications (spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), scheduling (Project))
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, commitment to quality, and attention to details are required
- This role will involve the input and management of numerous environmental and human resources including regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are important characteristics for this position
- Must be able to research and interpret federal, state and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and requirements, and interface with regulatory agencies
- Must coordinate with junior, mid-level and senior professionals in support of the preparation of proposals, environmental reports and permit applications through collection, management and analysis of environmental data and information
- Technical inquisitiveness, a positive attitude, and an ability to work well in teams are essential.
- This role will involve regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach
- Must have a strong interest and commitment to the field, be able to demonstrate past success in managing projects of this type, and working within a group and independently to perform projects and help grow the business
- Experience with comprehensive environmental processes, including working with federal, state and local regulators such as PUC, PSC, FERC, BLM, USFS, USFWS, COE, required, as well as experience with NEPA
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the permitting of complex energy projects, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Qualified candidates must have a working understanding of system planning and engineering aspects of energy facilities, and excellent client and public communication skills
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required. Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on. If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com