To help support permitting offshore wind projects of the eastern seaboard.
As an Environmental Scientist on our team, you will provide coordinate and lead environmental studies in offshore and terrestrial environments focused on offshore renewable energy projects as part of our Site Planning & Permitting practice. You will also develop and build upon your previous experience with environmental permitting, including BOEM, NOAA, NMFS, Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) 404 wetland permitting, the US Fish & Wildlife Service or the US National Marine Fisheries Sections 7 and 10 consultations, and the various state agencies along the Atlantic seaboard. In this position, you will serve as a key team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Biology, Ecology, or similar environmental discipline and have a desire to build a career in environmental consulting services. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• 7 years of experience serving on and leading teams of field scientists for terrestrial and marine biological studies.
• Prior experience preparing studies to support development of renewable energy projects
• Have a “Safety-First” mindset and have prior experience leading field studies in remote or high-risk environments.
• Prior experience in obtaining collection permits and conducting protected species assessments
• Remote sensing experience
• Prior experience contributing to environmental impact statements and Section 7 ESA Consultation.
• Ability to travel and work in the field.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com