DEA’s Portland, OR office is looking to hire an experienced part-time Biologist / Environmental Scientist whose primary focus will be preparing environmental permit and compliance documentation for transportation focused projects. This position will work closely with our Salem Office staff and will need to periodically work in that office. Roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare wetland delineation reports, function assessments, mitigation plans;
- Prepare Endangered Species Act compliance documents including
- Prepare Clean Water Act and Oregon Removal/Fill permit applications;
- Prepare NEPA-related technical reports;
- Prepare Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish Passage Plans
- Coordinate with team members and agencies;
- Conduct field visits and surveys for data collection and analysis of biological resources
- Excellent technical writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with state/federal permitting procedures, NEPA documents, technical reports, wetland delineations, and mitigation requirements.
- Ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Federal-Aid Highway Program (FAHP), Standard Local Operating Procedures for Endangered Species (SLOPES) and Endangered Species Act consultation;
- Knowledge of and experience preparing permit applications for transportation projects and documenting environmental permit compliance during construction
- Knowledge of and experience with Northwest plants, fish, wildlife and birds.
- Oregon Department of Transportation ESA Qualified Consultant a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental sciences or studies
- Minimum 5 years of environmental permitting and compliance experience in the Pacific Northwest; knowledge of transportation or related projects required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions across the western states; must be available for occasional travel.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com