Exponent's Environmental and Earth Sciences Practice has scientists and engineers with expertise in a variety of disciplines, including analytical and environmental chemistry, atmospheric chemistry, bioavailability, environmental forensics, environmental liability and cost apportionment, global product stewardship, hydrogeology, regulatory compliance consulting, site investigation and remediation consulting, transport and fate modeling, and water resources and water quality management. In addition, our staff can draw on the knowledge and expertise of scientists, engineers, physicians, and business consultants specializing in more than 90 technical disciplines within Exponent.
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist for our Pasadena, CA, Oakland, CA, or Bellevue, WA office. The individual in this position will be responsible for providing a high level of support to clients and the consultants in the Environmental and Earth Sciences Practice involving geologic and hydrogeologic analyses, evaluation of contaminant transport and fate, environmental forensics, and evaluation of remedial actions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Geologic and hydrogeologic analyses, including constructing geologic/hydrogeologic cross sections, conceptual site models, contaminant maps, etc.
- Evaluation of contaminant transport and fate, including use of calculation methods, as well as analytical and numerical models
- Environmental forensic analyses
- Evaluation of remedial actions
- Supporting multidisciplinary project teams on complex, challenging problems
- Pursuit of professional development, including conference presentations and journal publications, to improve professional visibility
Qualifications for this position include:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Geologic Engineering preferably with 3-5 years of consulting experience
- Expertise in geology, hydrogeology and contaminant transport and fate analyses
- Must have strong technical skills as shown by project experience and/or publication record
- Desire to obtain professional licensure
- Project management experience including tracking of milestones and deliverables
- Strong interest in career and professional development within a dynamic consulting environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com