Environmental Studies and Permitting (ES&P) Practice of Burns& McDonnell is currently seeking a Project Manager to support and build our environmental team in Minneapolis focused on environmental, NEPA, and permitting services. The candidate should have an established and successful history of managing state, federal and private projects including but not limited to developing proposals and cost estimates, executing projects, developing strategic plans for new business and recruitment and hiring of key personnel to support the growth of the team.
- Project management, team leadership, management & mentoring of junior staff
- Prepare studies, evaluations, NEPA and state documentation for all types and sizes of environmental projects
- Develop, cultivate, and strengthen relationships with clients
- Develop business for the ES&P Global Practice in the electric utility sector.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas and with the following agencies and areas:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in business administration, natural sciences, environmental sciences, engineering, or related fields. Minimum 10 years of environmental permitting and experience with business development in environmental consulting. Previous experience in environmental consulting preferred including:
- A demonstrated technical competence and project experience in natural, cultural or socioeconomic resource fields applicable to industrial (primarily conventional or renewable energy generation/transmission) siting and licensing or environmental permitting projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired candidates will have experience identifying opportunities and taking them through the sales process to closure. Local and regional knowledge and relationships with existing clients is a must. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to attract and retain clients and build backlog, revenue, profit, direct labor and ROI over time. This individual must also have program and project management capabilities and be able to effectively balance direct and indirect utilization rates. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required to develop and maintain relationships. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
Yes, 10 % of the TimePrimary Location
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com