POSITION: Contract Vegetation Program Manager in Transmission; T-ROW & IVM Program
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATION: Flexible within Central Valley, Sierra, San Luis Obispo, Central Coast, North Valley, and Greater Bay Areas, California. Travel required 25-50% of the time.
- Work with a major utility system to manage contractor progress & performance on Integrated Vegetation Management (IVM) and Transmission Right Of Way (T-ROW) projects
- Responsible for successful completion of utility project goals, report to utility upper management on project progress
- Maintain contractor leadership communication and oversight to achieve project schedule expectations Ensure robust training & QC processes are being followed to guarantee work quality
- Oversee multiple contractors & and support their efforts to achieve project goals
- Coordinate with the utilities clients, contractors, internal management, and external stakeholders
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science or related discipline
- 5 years minimum Utility right of way vegetation management experience, including at least 2 years in transmission, T-ROW, and/or IVM programs
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a minimum of 2 years as a Supervising Utility Forester or higher position
- Previous project supervision experience, demonstrable utility project success. Director level confidence, superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- ISA Certification required, ISA Utility Specialist certification preferred
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.