Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our Tallahassee, Florida location. This position will be responsible for supporting projects for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) Petroleum Restoration Program as an embedded employee at the FDEP’s Bob Martinez Center. Our successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who meets the requirements listed below.
- Plan work to achieve FDEP’s objectives and coordinate with staff to implement solutions to project issues
- Serve as Liaison for contracted local government agency staff engaged in overseeing cleanup of contaminated sites
- Review purchase requisition packages and change orders for procurement of contaminated site cleanup services
- Review subcontractor quotes for drilling, laboratory, disposal and other professional services
- Coordinate with FDEP program staff for data reporting and tracking; prepare spreadsheets, graphs and reports to meet objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/Natural Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 1+ year of related professional work experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with environmental professionals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with ability to query and filter data and format spreadsheets, graphs and reports
E & E is a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in 85 scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com
to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.