WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S. Citizens
Employees in these positions serve as a Biological Science Technicians (General) for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Region 6, National Wildlife Refuge System in full-time temporary positions not-to-exceed 1 year that will total less than 1040 hours (6 months), excluding overtime in a service year. There are no promotions for temporary positions.
REFUGES HIRING SEE "OTHER INFORMATION"
SELECTIONS: If an applicant is selected for a position, and accepts that offer, their name will be removed from further consideration at any other location(s) for which they applied.
First time employees to the Federal government can expect the salary to be the Step 1 of the GS-4Duties
- Collect, measure, and record biological information.
- Compute, compile, summarize and assess data in tabular, graphic, or narrative form.
- Assist or perform biological studies/surveys.
- Monitor appearance and activity of wildlife for obvious signs of illness, disease, discontent, and general physical condition.
- May be required to operate passenger vehicles, light trucks, tractors and boats.
- May participate in prescribed burning activities.
- May be responsible for providing work direction for volunteers, YCC enrollees, temporary employees, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The work involves standing, bending, walking and a moderate amount of physical exertion. Employee may be required to lift containers weighing up to 25 pounds in performance of assigned duties. Most work is performed outdoors where the incumbent may encounter variable weather conditions and exposure to insects.
Few vacancies in the following locations
Commerce City, CO
Monte Vista, CO
Fergus Falls, MN
Fort Peck, MT
Great Falls, MT
Medicine Lake, MT
Devils Lake, ND
Dunn Center, ND
Valley City, ND
Lake Andes, SD
Brigham City, UT
Within RefugeCloses Thursday 1/19/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com