Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking National Consulting Managers. These positions, as part of a team, will be empowered to develop and lead corporate-related business development and project delivery initiatives to expand and diversify the company’s environmental consulting client base.
Because the National Consulting Manager will help to shape and grow this role, the ideal candidate must possess experience in the A/E/C consulting industry, a strategic and entrepreneurial competency, value the flexibility and autonomy inherent within smaller companies, and be able to work collaboratively within a knowledge-based culture. This is a national position that can work from any of the company’s domestic office locations.
Primary Responsibilities for a Principal Consulting Manager (requires a minimum of 15 years of experience):
- Shape and lead business strategy and tactical plans for new or emergent markets to increase share of market and financial profitability.
- Demonstrate a progressive and entrepreneurial approach regarding growth initiatives, routinely advancing innovative business development strategies to achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Develop major client relationships and generate business opportunities through their existing professional network, previous client impact, and subject matter expertise.
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership and active participation in A/E/C industry functions, speaking opportunities at relevant conferences, and networking with industry leaders.
- May act in the role of program director or project manager for high-level projects within the market sector.
- Mentor staff to develop a deep expertise in a vertical market and technical discipline.
Primary Responsibilities for a Senior-Chief Consulting Manager (requires a minimum of 10 years of experience):
- Contribute to business strategy and tactical plans for new or emergent markets to increase share of market and financial profitability.
- Capitalize on own expertise and existing professional relationships to generate new business opportunities.
- Actively participate in speaking and networking opportunities at A/E/C industry functions and conferences, and through membership in external A/E/C groups.
- Manages project assignments and plans within the market sector in accordance with schedule, budget, scope, client requirements, quality, and corporate resources.
- Provides insightful feedback to work colleagues that enhances their knowledge, understanding, and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience including proven experience as a “seller-doer” – successfully generating new business and managing A/E/C projects within commercial, transmission, oil and gas, renewable energy, and/or similar markets.
- Demonstrated expertise in business development, project management, quality assurance, and financial/resource management.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients including: energy project developers, commercial businesses, utilities, investors, and other organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and results orientation with achieving key project delivery milestones and business development objectives.
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
E & E is a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in 85 scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line under either: “Nationwide” location – Principal National Consulting Manager (for candidates with a minimum of 15 years of experience) or “Nationwide” location – National Consulting Manager (for candidates with a minimum of 10 years of experience.)
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.