POSITIONS: Consulting Utility Forester/Senior Consulting Utility Forester #11504
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring utility foresters to work with a major electric utility system and address its forestry.
POSITION LOCATION: Corvallis, OR
CONSULTING UTILITY FORESTER DUTIES:
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors and capture data on a hand-held computer
- Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work and discuss incompatible vegetation removals
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
SENIOR UTILITY FORESTER DUTIES:
- Lead a team of up to seven foresters
- Train, direct and coach team members to grow professionally and personally
- Build a culture of safety and excellence
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources or related discipline
- 2yrs utility right of way vegetation management experience
- International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist preferred
- Ability to identify tree species within Pacific Northwest
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.