This vacancy is limited to the first 30 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
This is a term appointment for which all qualified applicants with or without Federal status may apply and be considered. Appointment to this position, however, will not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.Duties
As a Biologist (Data Management) within the Western Ecological Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Manage complex databases for the storage of large datasets of ecological and covariate datasets.
- Conducts training with partners on the use of complex databases into standardized formats.
- Works as an integral part of a data integration team to develop and utilize large ecological databases.
- Understands basics of software and data management systems and interacting with the user interface via the internet.
- Works to ensure all datasets that are integrated into the standardized databases meet Federal metadata compliance.
- Understands these standards and can communicate them with the user community.
Occasional travel away from home may be required up to 2 nights per month.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$53,413 to $69,432/yr. Series & Grade GS-0401-09/09 Promotion Potential GS-11.