KMEA is a multi-discipline environmental services firm that continues to expand its contracts with the Federal Government. We have an immediate need for a full-time Senior Manager - Asbestos Programs in Laguna Niguel, CA, to provide support on various ACM projects at the Chet Holifield Federal Building for approximately 12 - 24 months.
The Senior Manager - Asbestos Programs must work well with senior federal government employees and federal judges, provide expert advice that will be used to calm any building tenant concerns and has the people skills to successfully deal with any agitated federal officials to mitigate potentially confrontational circumstances.
The successful candidate will represent the interests of the General Services Administration (GSA) in working with their client federal tenants including federal courts and offices of federal agencies. The successful candidate must have the experience, sophistication and professionalism to work with senior executive service (SES) personnel, senior federal managers and federal judges and other federal court officials.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert counsel for GSA upper management.
- Represent and protect GSA interests with all tenants.
- Review plans, drawings and work activity.
- Attend project meetings.
- Review Field Investigations.
- Review AIH Testing and recommend other tests or alternative abatement.
- Evaluations of AIH conditions and recommendations/procedures for addressing issues related to AIH
- Systematically and professionally address asbestos issues/questions with Agency Building Tenants, O&M Staff and project stakeholders as it pertains to the site to ensure all parties follow AIH related procedures and requirements.
- Prepare oral and written reports for GSA senior management.
- Minimum BS Degree in a physical science or engineering discipline. MS a plus. Professional registration a plus.
- Current CIH and CAC certifications a plus.
- 10+ years of CIH, CAC and project/program management experience, including projects within a commercial or public building environment.
- Experience in working with senior management of federal agencies.
- The position is based in Laguna Niguel, CA, in a federal facility.
Must pass drug test, MVR check and federal government background check
Must be a U.S. resident or have permanent citizenship.
KMEA is an EOE and encourages qualified U.S. Military Veterans and other qualified Protected Class Applicants to apply. https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1452819