Who May Apply
Individuals who completed a qualifying associates/bachelors/masters/doctorate/vocational/technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution or technical education program within the preceding two years OR are currently enrolled and completing a degree/certificate by May 31, 2017. Veterans please see information under job summary.
More information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found here
Work Schedule is Full-time - Recent Graduates - This is a two year developmental program which may lead to a term or permanent appointment.
One or more positions may be filled.Duties
At the entry level of these positions, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provide technical assistance on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Participate in enforcement activities and recommend enforcement actions based upon inspection findings and current EPA enforcement policies.
- Provide regulatory compliance assistance to well-established facilities during inspections, investigations, and compliance assistance visits.
- Provide assistance to regional personnel, other federal, state, local, tribal agencies, industry representatives, and concerned public citizens on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
Closes Wednesday 12/7/2016
Salary Range $43,828 to $69,688/yr. Series & Grade GS-0401, 0819, 1301-07/09. Promotion Potential GS-12.