Amazon’s Sustainability team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, hard-working and detail-oriented candidate to join our team. This person will join and support our growing Worldwide Sustainability team.
As a Waste Program Manager for the WW Sustainability team you will work to minimize the environmental and financial cost of waste within Amazon. You will be responsible for expanding our waste programs to new geographies and new business areas. You will partner with external vendors, WW operations, accounting, technical teams, senior management and business lines to achieve our sustainability business goals. You will help develop programs that reduce waste sent to landfill while improving efficiency of operations. The constantly growing and changing nature of Amazon's business will present new challenges related to food waste, e-waste and other materials generated from our operations. This opportunity requires excellent project management skills and a keen eye for detail. You should think constantly about how to effectively measure, characterize and eliminate waste from complex business processes.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in both an ambiguous, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills, and is technical and analytical. You should have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving skills and be able to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is high attention to detail, and delivering high quality results on time.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant field of study.
· Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
· 4 years of experience with Microsoft Excel including financial modeling and data analysis
· Experience working with reporting platforms and/or in an analyst/reporting role.
· Experience with SQL, ETL and data warehousing conceptsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Passion for sustainability and technology
· Innate desire for excellence in all endeavors that is infectious and sets the bar for the team
· MBA or related Master’s Degree
· Experience in waste management, recycling and/or process improvement
· Attention to detail in process improvement and data analysis.
· Ability to work cross functionally
· The candidate must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus and be an excellent communicator who can articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
· Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran