Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives for our Corporate Headquarters in Buffalo, NY. This position will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and implementing programs and projects that support E & E’s growth initiatives. Our successful candidate will have experience managing projects in both the public and private sectors with an expertise in quality assurance and operations.
- Identify opportunities to support the company’s growth initiatives
- Identify important business development opportunities
- Identify, develop, and implement government relations strategies, and maintain relationships with key regulatory and federal/state agency officials to support the company’s business interests
- Work with senior leadership in the development and execution of strategic and operational projects from initiation to implementation
- Conduct merger and acquisition activities
- Work closely with proposal manager, principal proposal reviewer, and the lead negotiator to ensure QA/QC principles are implemented during the work proposal stage to ensure all required elements and evaluation criteria of the RFP are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or related discipline
- 15+ years of experience as a Project Engineer, Director, or in a similar capacity having oversight of small, complex, and major projects
- In-depth familiarity with environmental consulting including mergers and acquisitions
- Demonstrated ability with QA/QC principles and practices, business development, client relationship management, consultation, and client acquisition
- Strong financial, organizational, analytical, proofreading, verbal, and written communication skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Flexibility to support a variety of schedules to meet business needs and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate sound business acumen in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com
to apply on-line. If applicable – Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.