The IUCN center for Mediterranean cooperation, based in Málaga Spain, is looking for a communication professional, for support in the coordination and correct execution of the activities related with communication and promotion of DestiMED project, as well as for the support to other ecosystem department’s communication activities.
The project aims at building the pre-conditions for a Mediterranean destination management organization (DMO) that will harmonize quality standards and tools to monitor compliance, propose attractive ecotourism offers promoted through a lasting brand. Specifically, the project will further develop and test ecotourism standards, offers and monitoring tools in 13 protected areas around the basin - forming the quality scheme of a future DMO.
DestiMED represent the second phase of MEET project (Mediterranean Experience on Ecotourism), a regional initiative that run from 2012 to 2015, aimed at creating a transnational ecotourism offer in Mediterranean protected areas (http://www.meetnetwork.org/
The main role of IUCN Med in the project is the coordination of the communication and of the transferability work packages. DestiMED is a 30 months project funded by Interreg Med Programme, led by Lazio region and involving six other partners from the Mediterranean basis, being MedPAN, WWF Adria, WWFMedPO, Global Footprint Network, PPNEA and IUCN Med.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Support the coordination of communication activities of DestiMED project;
*Ensure the smooth coordination of communication activities among Project Partners and with donor including regularly virtual exchanges and periodical coordination meetings;
*Develop and coordinate a communication plan including a social media strategy in collaboration with the rest of the partnership;
*Participate to key communication and promotion events as requested by the project;
*Give interviews to media and delivering talks to the public;
*Coordinate the development of key visual elements (corporate image, project style guides), in coordination with project partners;
*Coordinate the design and production of promotion products (posters, rollups…) as requested by the project and in coordination with project partners;
- Marketing and promotion
*Identify prospective clients for DestiMED ecotourism product familiarization tours and beyond, establish contact and manage the relationship
*Plan and disseminate project’s ecotourism Familiarization tours to previously identified ecotourism experts and Tour operators;
*Support the project manager in the conception and definition of the Destination management organization commercial structure and business plan;
- Manage the community
*Create content and update the Project webpage (via donor’s horizontal project) and the existing “Mediterranean Experience on Ecotourism MEET” network website;
*Create content and update the existing “Mediterranean Experience on Ecotourism MEET” network social media (facebook, twitter, blog);
- Support project implementation;
* Organize and/or support the organization of project events and meetings at local and regional level;
*Support the project manager in the conception and creation of the online monitoring assessment tool;
*Support the project manager in the organization of the transferability events;
*Attend meetings, and assist with general admin duties as required;
- Support Ecosystem Department activities
*Support other ongoing initiatives of the Ecosystem department in the creation, delivery and dissemination of key messages and dissemination of the department’s activities;
*Work in liaison with IUCN Med’s communication team towards the information and dissemination of the department’s activities as requested;
*Manage existing virtual thematic communities as requested;REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate degree (Master’s Degree) in journalism, social/environmental communication, communication sciences, marketing or a similar field or Graduate degree in environmental sciences, biology or similar.
• At least 3 years of proven experience in the design and implementation of communication and dissemination field or similar. This is a mandatory criterion. Please do not submit your application if you do not comply with it. Experience in the Mediterranean area will be an asset.
• Proven experience in design and implementation of communication plan and activities -to UE cooperation programmes preferred - for programmes supported by international donors. Experience in the Mediterranean area will be an asset
• Experience in managing and coordinating thematic working groups of several partners at project level.
• Good knowledge and experience in the use of effective communication tools related to environmental and development issues. Experience in protected areas, sustainable tourism, sustainable development is an advantage.
• Experience and knowledge of the tourism industry and specifically in marketing and promotion is a strong asset.
• Fluency in English (both verbal and written communication skills) is mandatory; knowledge of any other language, especially French, Arabic and Spanish is an asset.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal tactfully with sensitive political issues
• Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues
Proven skills in writing, problem solving, creativity, collaboration and willingness to innovate
Good skills in word processing, spreadsheet and computer skills
Willingness to travel frequently in the region
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Expected start date: 15 January 2017
Type of contract: Fixed-term (29 months)Closing date: 04 December