The Bureau of Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Natural Resource Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment
- Serves as a natural resource specialist in the Eastern Colorado Area Office (ECAO), and is responsible for conducting National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analyses and documentation for a variety of water and land-related projects.
- Advises ECAO management on NEPA procedural and related issues, and on compliance, and other environmental laws and policies.
- Coordinates with Reclamation, other federal and non-federal agencies, private entities, and the public to assure compliance with environmental laws.
- Represents ECAO in interagency and intra-agency activities and meetings.
- Plans and implements environmental studies related to recreation, wetland, fish and wildlife, and water quality initiatives and environmental compliance activities.
- Develops recommendations to minimize adverse impacts and to enhance fish and wildlife habitat and recreation opportunities associated with proposed actions or ongoing management of water and related resources.
- Incumbent researches and prepares documents related to a wide variety of lands and recreation management activities on project lands, including acquisition, withdrawal, restoration, leasing, sales, granting of rights of use permits, easements, consent letters, and administration and development of Resource Management Plans (RMP's), cooperative agreements, grant agreements, and recreation management agreements.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel 1-2 nights per month
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Bureau of Reclamation, Great Plains Region, Eastern Colorado Area Office, Resources Division, Environmental Resources, Loveland, CO. For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
A Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. For information on Recruitment or Relocation Incentives, visit:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/recruitment-relocation-retention-incentives/fact-sheets/recruitment-incentives/https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/recruitment-relocation-retention-incentives/fact-sheets/relocation-incentives/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Closes Wednesday 11/9/2016
$34,742 to $82,798/yr. Series & Grade GS-0401-05/11.