The environmental protection specialist is responsible for specific regulatory compliance programs, including maintenance of plans and permits, regulatory reporting, and issue tracking. Work may be auxiliary to higher grade environmental personnel.
- Apply specialized knowledge and a deep understanding of environmental laws and regulations for one or more program areas to assist the facility in meeting its compliance requirements.
- Prepare portions of environmental plans, permits, and reports (e.g., for air emissions, wastewater discharge, solid and hazardous waste, fuel and oil storage, and spill prevention, among other areas) and maintain proper record keeping.
- Manage hazardous waste and residual shipping activities.
- Support GEMS program administration, management, and internal reporting activities.
- Participate in environmental audits and incident investigations; provide assistance with root cause analysis, development of corrective actions, and tracking incidents to closure.
- Assist with training employees and lower-grade safety staff in specific program requirements.
- Provide support for the facility GEMS committee.
- Support environmental sustainability initiatives.
1st Shift 8:00 am to 4:30 pmPosition Description Title/PD#:
Environmental Protection Specialist/PD 516-10838-0Promotion Potential:
The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Closes Wednesday 11/16/2016
$40,033 to $63,654/yr. Series & Grade GS-0028-07/09.