LCV is seeking a Digital Campaigns Manager to ensure that LCV’s growing Latino membership is an active voice in the fight against climate change and for environmental justice. The Digital Campaigns Manager will work within the Membership and Online Engagement department, in coordination with LCV’s Chispa program, to grow a grassroots base of Latino activists who will engage on environmental issues and environmental policies. This is an excellent opportunity for a bilingual writer and online organizer to be a part of an innovative team that runs aggressive online campaigns to promote environmental policies and win key electoral races.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV launched Chispa to ensure that Latino communities and leaders have a strong voice in the movement for climate justice and within the environmental movement. In the last two years, Chispa has grown to include grassroots organizing programs focused in Latino communities in Denver, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Maryland and Connecticut.
- Write compelling advocacy and fundraising copy, online petitions and other web-based copy that is tailored for Latino audiences.
- Work with the Membership and Online Engagement team to build the Chispa membership with a goal of having 10% of LCV’s overall membership identity as Latino.
- Identify creative online and mobile campaign opportunities to engage and mobilize LCV’s growing Latino activist base, both nationwide and in states where we have state Chispa programs.
- Create shareable content, engage with LCV’s supporters, and find new opportunities for growth of our Latino base on social media and mobile accounts for LCV, Chispa, and state Chispa programs.
- Design bilingual resources for the LCV website, and support Chispa Communications Director in implementing a comprehensive communications plan.
- Work with the state Chispa programs and partner groups to connect LCV’s online efforts with the community organizing programs that engage Latino activists around environmental and climate justice issues.
- Manage LCV’s social media accounts and content calendar to engage LCV supporters and promote organizational priorities.
- Assist with other online campaign and writing projects as needed by the Membership and Online Engagement and Chispa teams.
Work experience: Minimum of 2-4 years experience in online organizing, email advocacy, new media, or writing; experience in English and Spanish-language online communications targeting Latino communities; community organizing experience a plus.
Skills: Strong bilingual (English-Spanish) writing and editing skills required; must demonstrate cultural competency with diverse Latino audiences; demonstrated ability to produce online campaign and fundraising materials; creative in pursuing organizing opportunities; experienced in using social media for advocacy purposes; commitment to metrics and tracking progress; familiarity with CRM, CMS and online advocacy tools (Convio and HTML experience a plus); works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; understanding of environmental issues and their potential to engage Latino communities.
Conditions: Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Please apply by October 14, 2016
LCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace.