SUMMARY OF DUTIES
· Serve as principal technical advisor on all matters relating to agriculture and irrigation practices, range management, and soil conservation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
· Use appraisal software and technical knowledge to determine fair annual rental rates for agricultural leasing.
· Maintains a working relationship with various Federal, Tribal, Local and land-use entities for trust asset management, agricultural leasing, and trust asset management.
· Supervise and direct staff engaged in a variety of professional, technical, and clerical activities.
· Interpret and apply Federal, Bureau, tribal and local laws, regulations, and policies for land management and natural resources services including grazing practices and improvements, weed management, soil and water conservation, riparian and wetland management, agricultural leasing and improvements.
· Responsible for the Branch's successful implementation of the federal Trust Asset Accounting Management System (TAAMS) and implementation with GIS programs, surveys, and agricultural leasing.
· Participated in Agency trust reform activities and the rust management improvement programs.
· Keep abreast any changes in federal laws, statues, or regulations affecting, natural resource management on Indian lands and provides interpretation of any changes to the natural resource staff, Tribal officials, land managers, and individual Indian owners.
· Provides supervision and administrative support to subordinates within the land services programs; and develops performance standards, and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
· Ensures all program actions that disburse federal or trust funds, or manage federal property, adhere to Treasury, GOA, OMB, GSA, Departmental and Bureau guidance and directives.
$59,246.00 to $92,316.00 / Per Year. Series & Grade GS-0401-11.