Cypress Environmental Science & Engineering is a consulting firm on the Gulf Coast. We are a specialized environmental science and engineering firm with a focus on environmental and ecosystem restoration. Our projects are generally focused on wetland and steam restoration from design through construction, assessment, monitoring, and permitting. Example projects can be viewed at www.cypress-environmental.com.
Cypress is seeking an experienced Mid- to Senior-Level Biologist/Wetland Scientist/Ecologist to join our Biloxi, MS, office. Responsibilities include
- Serving as field team lead on wetland delineation projects (this will be the first project out of the gate.There will be no ramp-up or training time for this capability)
- Permitting (Corps 404, State wetlands, 401 WQ) and related field studies
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys for southeastern listed species
- Wetlands vegetation assessments, native plant identification and invasive species identification
- Restoration construction oversight on wetlands and habitat restoration projects
- This position will spend a substantial amount of time in the field (70-80% fieldwork in Year 1 which may include out of state travel)
This career opportunity is available for the candidate who, at a minimum
The preferred candidate has
- 5+ years of direct experience in a combination of the areas noted above, except construction oversight experience which is not required
- Experience leading field teams
- Completed wetland delineation training
- B.S. degree in Biology, Ecology or Geology
- Familiarity with southeastern plants
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Completed, USACE-verified wetland delineations using the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plainguidebook
- GIS and GPS (Trimble)experience
- ROSGEN Natural Channel DesignTraining
- MS in Biology, Ecology, orGeology
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment as well as independently. Cypress is focused on excellence in project quality, teamwork, and responsiveness, and we are looking for candidates who share the same values.
Cypress offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits package, interesting and challenging projects, and a work environment that promotes personal growth and professional development.
Cypress is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug and smoke-free workplace.