• Supporting development and implementation of Citi EMEA’s community and citizenship activities
• Support delivery of Citi’s sustainability objectives in EMEA, working alongside EMEA Climate Council, relevant businesses and Citi’s global Sustainability team
• Working with Citi businesses on a project by project basis to deliver value by leveraging Citi’s business, community and sustainability activities and expertise. To include identifying and communicating relevant examples and stories of progress.
• Working closely with Global Public Affairs, Government Affairs and business colleagues in London, New York and across EMEA, to develop and deliver a comprehensive and effective stakeholder engagement strategy to raise awareness of Citi’s positive impact on society across EMEA, including Citi’s $100 billion sustainability commitment and new Pathways to Progress commitment.
• Support Head of Community Development, EMEA in creation and submission of innovative, high quality applications in line with new Citi Foundation execution model. Manage implementation and communication of small number of regional projects in support of roll out of Citi Foundation global Pathways to Progress initiative.Job background/ context
• The role supports implementation of Citi’s global citizenship strategy - maximising social impact and economic progress in communities across the region, whilst also demonstrating Citi’s positive impact on society to key stakeholders, internal and external.
• Citi has a comprehensive and high impact sustainability strategy including a commitment to lend, invest and facilitate a total of $100 billion within the next 10 years to finance activities that reduce the impacts of climate change and create environmental solutions that benefit people and communities.
• The Citi Foundation undertakes significant strategic giving in EMEA. In 2015 this totalled over $10m. In 2017 there will be significant change in the Citi Foundation’s global execution model. The role holder will support implementation of new approach with emphasis on creating and executing a small number of new, high impact programmes.
• The priority thematic area of focus in EMEA for the Citi Foundation is on provision of economic opportunities for disadvantaged youth through roll out of global Pathways to Progress initiative.Key responsibilities
• Support delivery and communication of Citi’s sustainability programme in EMEA. Building relationships with relevant businesses, EMEA Climate Council and Citi’s Sustainability team.
• Develop and deliver a communications strategy/plan to engage internal and external stakeholders, including driving increased coverage in selected media and across social media channels.
• Working in partnership with Public Affairs Officers from across the region, research, shape and deliver a small number of exceptionally high quality, ground breaking community partnerships and associated grant proposals and applications for the Citi Foundation in line with new execution model. Specific focus on developing a small number of new, high impact projects and programmes as part of the Foundation’s global roll out of the Pathways to Progress initiative. On a day to day basis proactively manage relationships with 4-5 NGO partners, making sure projects meet and, where possible, exceed objectives.
• Provide advice, support and expert input to businesses, PAOs and other internal stakeholders on citizenship and sustainability issues as required.
• Produce documents, project plans, briefing notes and presentations as requested by the Head of Community Development, EMEA.QualificationsKnowledge/ experience
• International grant making experience is a pre-requisite for the role
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in delivery of, best practice sustainability initiatives, corporate citizenship programmes and/or charity/NGO partnerships
• Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing creative and effective stakeholder engagement strategies in the field of corporate citizenship.
• Robust project management experience
• Experience working as part of an international team
• Knowledge of community programming in the field of youth economic empowerment an advantage
• Knowledge or interest in environmental issues Skills
• Strong communication skills, including ability to speak and engage a wide variety of stakeholders from community groups to senior leaders. Ability to produce high quality written materials and communications essential.
• Exceptional project management and organisational abilities, including capability to independently manage multiple projects across geographies
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Powerpoint.
• Budget management.
• Commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.Qualifications
• College/University education preferred but not essential Competencies:
• Team player
• Ability to influence others
• Motivated self-starter able to work independently
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer