Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Junior Level Environmental Scientist in Las Cruces, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients. Responsibilities
Primary duties will be related to the performance of environmental investigations at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s White Sands Test Facility in Las Cruces, NM.
- Collection of field data during environmental investigations of groundwater, soil, and soil vapor; monitoring and directing technician and subcontractor field work during those investigations; recordkeeping for those investigations; and supporting regulatory interaction related to those investigations.
- Fieldwork involves standing for long periods, bending, walking, stooping, lifting moderate loads, occasional shift work in excess of the standard WSTF 9-hour day, and potential exposure to adverse outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Supporting the existing staff with the preparation of environmental investigation work plans, investigation reports, field sampling plans, and related documents; developing statements of work and related procurement documentation for environmental investigation and restoration projects; reviewing field and analytical data generated during investigations to support communications with regulatory agencies; supporting the operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems; and, working with subcontractors to facilitate the above activities.Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental science, or a closely related field.
- Some applicable experience (1-3 years) is preferred, which could include relevant internships and summer or part time employment.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with applicable field experience or with a solid educational background in GIS, groundwater models, or related environmental software.
- The ability to work effectively as part of an integrated team is necessary, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HAZWOPER investigations and environmental regulations (CFR, RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, and EPA corrective action guidance) is an asset.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen (or be authorized to work in the U.S.), have a valid driver license, and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- A minimum of three personal or professional references is required.
Minimum Experience (yrs): 1
Required Education: BS/BA
Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid Vacation401k W/MatchingDentalMedical
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.