Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a GIS Analyst in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support the Office of Legacy Management for the Department of Energy. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) established the Office of Legacy Management (LM) in December 2003 to manage DOE’s post-closure responsibilities and to ensure the future protection of human health and the environment at more than 100 sites across the country. LM’s responsibilities include long-term surveillance and maintenance, records management, benefits continuity, property management, land use planning, and stakeholder relations.
- Under minimal supervision, performs database and GIS services including data import, export queries and management.
- Works as part of a project team to provide database and GIS tools to perform analysis and prepare report deliverables and presentations.
- Performs GIS data analysis, compiling, creating, re-projecting, processing, spatial data analyses, QA/QC, and map production.
- Works with data management specialists to analyze and dynamically display environmental and other types of data.
- Performs risk analysis, modeling, surface and subsurface contouring.
- Analyzes requests for new applications and modifications to existing GIS projects; analyzes user work processes and systems functionality requirements; analyzes current GIS functions, procedures and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible.
- Maintains knowledge of various computer programs, platforms and functions to assist in data manipulation and visualization.
Bachelor's degree in scientific or engineering discipline such as computer science, geography, chemistry, geology, geotechnical engineering or related field, or equivalent, and at least 6 years of experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of principles, concepts, and techniques in GIS, mapping, and relational database administration/management.
- Demonstrated experience with Esri’s Desktop ArcGIS 10 or higher. This includes cartography, data editing, data management, and data organization.
- Basic understating of ArcSDE, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Server.
- Experience with MS Office Suite 2010 including MS Access. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a technical team, both verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to customer service including the ability to assess client needs and translate them into comprehensive GIS solutions.
- Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks independently, and to analyze and develop innovative solutions.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- A current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
- Experience in an ArcSDE environment, including schema development and database administration.
- Experience with ArcGIS Server and publishing map services for web consumption.
- Experience in configuration and administration of ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Microstation experience.
- Experience with data collection and post-processing using Trimble GPS equipment and software.
- Experience using Model Builder and writing Python scripts.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Required Education: BS/BA
Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid Vacation401k W/MatchingDentalMedical
Click the “Apply Now” button above for more details and to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity on EnvironmentalCareer.com.