The Citizenship team for Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) supports the company’s mission to conduct our business and create our products in an ethical manner while bringing the magic of Disney storytelling into the daily lives of families and fans around the world. We promote environmental stewardship, community engagement and philanthropy to inspire kids and families to create a brighter tomorrow.
The role of the Assistant Manager of Environment will contribute to efforts to improve the environmental sustainability of our products, with a focus on toys and apparel. The successful candidate will have a background in life cycle assessment (LCA) or environmental science with the ability to analyze technical environmental data. They will thrive in a collaborative work environment and have a natural curiosity to develop creative solutions to challenging problems within a complex supply chain.
- Lead technical programmatic elements of a sustainable packaging design tool including data reporting, tool updates, user adoption/troubleshooting, documentation and business integration.
- Maintain design tool functionality and proactively address user issues/troubleshooting with IT as they arise.
- Monitor packaging submissions and collaboratively work with internal users and Licensees to facilitate training and adoption of the tool.
- Develop seasonal progress reports utilizing Tableau software to communicate environmental performance of packaging with Licensees and internal users.
- Support yearly updates to the tool by analyzing data and shifting needs of the business.
- Stay on top of industry trends and build subject matter expertise in sustainable packaging.
- Develop content and workshops to educate employees and inspire packaging and product innovation that supports sustainability goals.
- Support other environmental programs, including factory environmental performance in manufacturing.
- Support communication efforts through consumer engagement and PR to share the story of DCPI’s efforts in environmental stewardship.
- Support License to Lead, DCPI’s program to collaborate with Licensees around Citizenship issues, by facilitating regular communications and updates.
- Maintain relationships with industry groups and support adoption of industry standards and best practices.
- Act as Citizenship liaison and active member of the DCPI Green Team to continue to educate employees and drive improvements in campus sustainability.
- 3-5 years prior work experience in life cycle assessment, environmental science or related field.
- Experience with LCA software like Simapro.
- Experience with quantitative and statistical data analysis using Excel, Tableau or R/RStudio software.
- Analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and priorities.
- Curiosity to challenge the status quo and develop new ways of solving problems.
- Ability to lead assigned projects and drive programs forward.
- Collaborative work style and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Mac and presenting information visually through Keynote presentations.
- Willing to learn new things and adapt to using new software quickly and proficiently.
- Experience in the consumer products or tech industry.
- Familiarity with sustainable packaging design, product design and materials management.
- LCA Certified Professional (LCACP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field.