Provide comprehensive environmental health and safety services to chemical manufacturing, research, development, and engineering operations.
- Investigate and resolve employee safety concerns.
- Assess employee exposure to chemical substances and harmful physical agents. Document and communicate required protective measures.
- Establish specifications for personal protective equipment and train employees in correct use. Monitor equipment acceptance and use, and manage related training records.
- Review governmental regulations and industry codes of practices for applicability to company processes, facilities, and equipment. Identify and communicate actions required for regulatory compliance. Work closely with employees and appropriate levels of management to develop and implement compliance strategies.
- Investigate safety and environmental incidents, determine root causes, communicate findings and corrective actions.
- Identify hazards and risks associated with new and existing facilities, equipment, processes and materials. Define measures necessary to mitigate unacceptable risks. Partner with management, engineering and employees to develop and implement control measures.
- Develop strategy and sustainable programs to promote workplace safety and health, environmental leadership, and regulatory compliance.
- Compile and present information to management regarding EH&S performance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical field.
- Current certification or ability to obtain Board Certification as Industrial Hygienist. Certified Safety Professional is a desirable second certification.
- Knowledgeable in applicable OSHA, EPA, NFPA and NY regulations and codes, and able to interpret and apply them appropriately to industrial and R&D operations.
- Safety and environmental health-related experience in manufacturing and engineering operations. Experience working with combustible dust is highly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and establish credibility with employees and all layers of management.
- Ability to relate technical information to others in non-technical terms.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com