PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist in the development, delivery, and management of energy efficiency programs as part of an ICC approved energy efficiency portfolio to ensure cost recovery and minimize performance risk. ; Manage the process of “ Request for Proposals” and awarding of contracts to subcontractors and vendors delivering energy efficiency programs to Exelon Utility customers. Coordinate with other Exelon departments providing program logistic support. Verify that products, services, and energy savings are delivered as required. ; Monitor, track, and provide necessary program performance data for measurement and verification purposes.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Participate in the development of energy efficiency programs including evaluation of energy efficiency measures, design of programs, outreach to stakeholders and the market place, and filing of requirements. ; 10%
- Manage the process of procuring services from subcontractors and vendors specializing in delivering energy efficiency programs to Exelon customers. ; This includes issuing RFPs, evaluating responses, identifying best offers, obtaining legal review, coordinating with Supply Services, and awarding contracts. ; 20%
- Provide ongoing oversight of providers. ; Develop performance metrics applicable to each individual energy efficiency program and in conformance with the overall portfolio. ; Conduct regular subcontractor and vendor meetings and obtain progress reports to ensure expectations. Track performance and provide feedback and corrective actions as necessary. ; ; 30%
- Manage all program communication and outreach needs. Work with Marketing to make certain that all messaging is accurate and consistent with the larger energy efficiency portfolio. ; Recruit market partners such as retailers, builders, energy raters and auditors, and other trade allies for market outreach. ; Maintain relationships with partners to maximize program performance. ; Conduct training as needed to expand the program delivery network. ; 20%
- Prepare program status reports to accurately monitor progress toward program performance and financial goals. ; Maintain and provide appropriate documentation to support regulatory compliance filings. ; Ensure that mechanisms exist for controlling programs progress toward goals: such mechanisms should manage the risk of either under-achieving or over-achieving goals, consistent with the portfolio plan. ; ; 10%
- Ensure that Accounts Payable
(invoice review, verification and check creation) and Accounts Receivable functions (audit billing) are managed according to applicable Corp. Policies and Procedures and comply with appropriate accounting and Sarbanes Oxley rules. ; 10%
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering and a minimum of 5– 8 years of energy conservation / energy efficiency work experience OR in lieu of degree, a minimum of 9– 12 years energy conservation/energy efficiency experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within established budgets and deliver promised results.
- Thorough understanding of utility cost recovery mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate with a wide variety of professionals ranging from engineers to vendors, to subcontractors.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering
- Experience developing and delivering utility energy efficiency programs to specific sector. ; Program and contract management experience are preferred.
- Assist in planning, and subsequently implement and manage energy efficiency programs as part of a portfolio approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission
(iCC). ; Fulfill the day-to-day requirements to serve customers participating in energy efficiency programs.
- Hire and provide daily oversight of various sub-contractors and program fulfillment vendors.
- Develop the necessary performance metrics and track them to ensure that programs are delivered according to ICC rules and regulations to ensure cost recovery. ; Ensure that Company exposure to litigation risk is minimized.
- Manage all customer relations issues arising out of energy efficiency programs.
- Provide data analysis and subject matter expertise in responding to ICC requests or implementation of ICC orders. ; This includes annual reporting of results.
- Number of personnel managed (direct): none,
(indirect): numerous contractors and vendors delivering programs.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com