Description of Work
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Natural Environment Biological Surveys Group. The duties for this position are as follows:
(1) Day-to-day management of a team of professional staff with backgrounds in biology, environmental science, forestry, natural resources, etc., engaged in complex project management and environmental work;
(2) Management of priorities and directives as it concerns transportation project delivery from a standpoint of negotiating and achieving regulatory concurrence;
(3) Management of private consultant firms engaged in performing complex environmental work;
(4) Supervise efforts in conducting surveys of federally listed threatened and endangered species surveys;
(5) Supervise efforts in conducting stream assessment investigations of jurisdictional waters;
(6) Supervise completion of project specific Section 7 process including Biological Assessments and negotiating Biological Opinions with the USFWS in a timely manner;
(7) Supervise review of environmental documents and reports prepared by NCDOT staff and consultants to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations;
(8) Be knowledgeable and abreast of the latest natural environmental laws and regulations and provide consultation to management on their impact and influence on NCDOT projects;
(9) Database management and document organization within the Group;
(10) Assist the NES manager on other miscellaneous duties with respect to the Section.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Qualified applicants must submit an application that clearly reflects work experience that demonstrates the following:
Specific knowledge of wetland systems, biological communities and the relationship of highways and highway development to streams and wildlife is important. Basic knowledge with techniques and methods employed in conducting field inventories and rare species surveys is also considered to be important for this position.
"Applicant must meet both the minimum requirements and all posted Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements to be considered Qualified for the position. It is important that your application includes all of your relevant education and work experience and that you answer all questions associated with the application. NCDOT will not accept "See Attached" or Resume's in lieu of education and work experience completed on the application. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted."
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in one of the agricultural, biological, engineering, environmental or natural resource sciences or a closely related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution and five years of progressive experience in environmental work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Closing 5/30/2017 5:00 PM Eastern
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com