To support our rapidly growing Site Planning and Permitting practice in the Milwaukee or Chicago area(s).
As a Biologist you will join our local team of CH2M employees to provide support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, NEPA analysis, and permitting for industrial and energy sectors, including oil & gas pipelines, transportation projects, and electronic transmission lines. Working with other members of our team, you will perform both field and office work; this role may also involve field work during construction of projects. You will serve as a key team member, building upon your expertise in botanical, wetland, or wildlife, and/or familiarity and experience with regulatory permitting. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Travel will be up to 50%.
• Position requires biological expertise in both botany and wetlands disciplines. Familiarity with environments in the Midwest is a plus.
• This position requires strong skills as a self-starter, with ability to balance work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills are essential.
• This role may also include support to project management teams on energy (pipeline and/or transmission line) and transportation projects.
• This role may also include project management of small to medium sized projects.
• Work directly with clients. Travel to project locations to lead and perform biological field surveys, with an emphasis on wetlands delineation, threatened and endangered species surveys, and data collection.
• Work directly with clients to achieve Project specific site planning and permitting needs.
• Be a leader and team-oriented
• Ability to direct staff regarding data collection, preparation of figures and maps, and report production.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline
• Minimum 5-7 years environmental consulting experience
• Experience leading and serving on teams of field scientists.
• USACE 404 Wetland Delineation Training Course
• Demonstrated experience managing biological resources tasks/projects and field teams
• Experience contributing to environmental impact evaluation, siting reports, and environmental permit applications, including field surveys and reporting, resource and impact evaluations, Section 7 ESA Consultation, and local USACE 404 permitting.
• Demonstrated technical experience for completing wetland and waterbody delineations, field reporting, and USACE 404 permitting.
• Experience with construction and environmental permitting in Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and North Dakota.
• Ability to travel and work in the field, potentially in remote rugged terrain
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline
• Professional Wetland Scientist designation (or progress towards obtaining certification) is a plus.
• Specific certifications required in Illinois for environmental permitting
• FERC regulatory experience.
• Demonstrated business acumen for specific marketing opportunities for new client growth.
• Cultural resource experience.
• Construction compliance monitoring.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com