Stantec’s Environmental Services practice seeks a midlevel Project Manager to provide environmental support for clients with projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and elsewhere in the Northeastern US. This position will require that the candidate create and nurture relationships with our top client(s), evaluate client needs to build and support internal teams, and deliver a broad range of services and solutions. From a project management perspective, the successful candidate will manage projects and budgets, design and lead multidisciplinary project teams, execute field work, write/review reports, and actively participate in business development efforts. Business development activities will include providing support to local engineering staff in addressing environmental challenges associated with their projects, and assisting Stantec’s Transportation Sector Leader in developing environmental business in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and elsewhere in the Northeast as appropriate.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering.
- 5-10 years of professional consulting experience demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Meets requirements to be qualified as a soil scientist and to delineate wetlands in CT.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience delineating wetlands in CT and elsewhere in New England.
- Experience with CT permitting, NEPA/CEPA document preparation, and State/Federal/Local permitting.
- Demonstrated experience with building client relations and developing business.
- Interest in assisting in business development for transportation projects in the northeast region. This position will require travel.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing environmental services to the transportation sector.
- Experience leading project teams to successful completion.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, team building, client management, and delivery of integrated services.
- Strong technical writing and speaking skills.
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and desire for team success.
- Master’s degree or other professional degree specializing in science or engineering.
- Experience and well established business connections in the transportation, and power and energy sectors.
- Certification as a Soil Scientist, Professional Wetland Scientist, or Wildlife Biologist, or other comparable professional qualifications.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com